Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Low Rhymes with Cow??

In yesterday's installment we hung clothes in the semi-enclosed porch (the walls are lattice). The jeans have been hanging on lines since yesterday and are still damp/wet. That could be because the high today was 39 degrees and it rained last night! This morning one pair of jeans was a little crunchy at the bottom of the leg from freezing. It didn't get cold enough to freeze them stiff as a board so I'm kind of disappointed with that. Oh, well.

It's only going to be in the upper 30s or lower 40s the rest of the week. The lows at night will be in the mid 20s. Brrrrr!!!! Some areas had snow yesterday. We only had some sleet but not very much. The Buffalo area (about 3 hours away to the south and west) got a couple of inches yesterday and to our south east about 25 or 30 miles they got a little snow last night and probably more today. They are at a slightly higher elevation and apparently get more snow then we do. I guess I'm glad I'm in Calcium and not in Lowville. The "Low" rhymes with "cow". They pronounce things funny around here. But, then, after hearing us speak we are sometimes asked - "You're not from around here are you?" Go figure. I have an accent? I can't hear it. :)

Did you know that Taiwan does not observe daylight savings time? I just figured it out. I have time clocks for Taiwan, Kansas, New York and Kazakhstan on my Google page and Taiwan was 13 hours ahead of NY instead of 12 like it was a couple of weeks ago. I checked on the internet and they don't observe DST. Click here to read about it. That is why you see the Taiwanese clock on my blog. I also thought the temperature in Calcium would be good, too, so you can see how cold I am this winter. And feel sorry for us. :) If you click on the clock or on the temperature you will go to their websites where you can find the html code for your blog or website. Cool, huh? Ahhh, technology.

Have a great day, whether it's today or tomorrow in your part of the world.

1 comment:

seth said...

Sweet! Now when I need to know what time it is, I can check here. ;)